Thursday, September 11, 2008

Labor Day weekend!

To finish the summer we went up to our cabin in the mountains by Kamas for the weekend! It was a much needed break after a rough first week of school! My parents and I left early Saturday morning and started the weekend off by making a stop at Swiss Days in Midway. If you know my mom and I we love crafts and to decorate...so of course we love places like Swiss Days. We got some Christmas presents for Ally, we each bought a big magnet board, and a few other things. Then we bought some nice big yummy scones and headed out. We went straight up to the cabin where Grandpa and Grandma and Jeff, Julie, and Kelsey were already having fun. It was so nice to just relax and I got quite a bit of work done and was also able to do some reading and painting and we got to enjoy a little wild life (a moose and some birds and chipmunks). Saturday was a beautiful day and Sunday was pretty nice until Sunday evening. Sunday evening it started poring and pored most of the night. We woke up Monday morning, Labor Day, to more rain which quickly turned to hail, which then quickly turned to snow! I of course hate snow so wasn't thrilled for this. We packed up and headed down the muddy canyon road. We had to load the fourwheelers in the snow and almost got stuck in the drive way. But because we left earlier then planned we did get to stop at the outlet stores on our way home where I bought 2 sweaters and 2 pairs of sunglasses. It was a really fun weekend despite the snow!
The magnet board I bought!

No comments: