Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving...day 6

So I'm gonna have to do double time to make it to 12 so here goes. The 6th thing I'm thankful for is my students. The only people who can truly understand how attached you become to your students is other teachers. I never thought I would be this attached to them...but you have to realize I spend 7 hours a day with these little people 5 days a week. I see them way more than anybody else in my life.

Anyways they bring me so much happiness and remind me of what's really important in life. I realized just how much they meant to me the other night when I cried for over an hour, after I found out how much one of my little boys was dealing with and how much he is hurting because of it. I don't want my little Thomas to have to deal with all of that. And yes I called him mine...I consider all 24 of my students to be mine. They mean the world to me and I always look forward to their hugs and their stories and sweet little personalities.

They made my day today just by being them...one brought me cookies he had made...one invited me to her baptism...and they all told me how much they are going to miss me tomorrow when we h
ave a sub for half a day while I go to a school thing. I love them dearly and can't remember how I survived without my little rays of sunshine in my life.

No comments: