Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yippee!!!

So as many of you know we were doing a bag drive at my school in October. Wal*Mart gives our school $5 for every garbage bag full of plastic bags...now these aren't small garbage bags these are garbage bags bigger then me. Anyways my class worked their little tails off hauling in bags all month and then spending recesses in fluffing up the bags so that we could get more bags full. Anyways on the 30th we had 33 bags full and the next class behind us had 16 bags...so basically we had it in the bag (no pun intended). Then one of the parents called and made the lady over the whole thing go pick up 26 garbage bags full of bags on the 31st. So we technically lost...except that the contest was supposed to have ended on the 30th and they didn't even haul their bags in. So here my little darlings worked their tails off just to get beat by a class that didn't do anything. In other words I was upset (yes I am a little protective of my little darlings). Anyways today when I got to school they had brought has donuts for the donut party we were supposed to have won. It made the whole thing much better! So congrats to my kidos for all their hard work...they truly earned those donuts and totally deserved them!

1 comment:

kristen said...

i'm glad they got their donuts! i gave up some awful good bags for the cause and i was mad you didn't win too!