Thursday, February 21, 2008

All in a days work...

So yesterday we had a lice scare in my class. One of my girls informed me she couldn't sit with the rest of the students because she had lice (you aren't suppose to be at school with lice because it is very contagious!). So I had her go the office where they confirmed she had lice. She had to be sent home and then I had to send a letter home with each of my students informing their parents to check them for lice. I was paranoid all day...I seriously couldn't stop scratching my head! There wasn't a lot of chance I had them, but my sub conscience wasn't so convinced.
The funny thing was that when I explained to my students what was going on they all started scratching their heads and thinking they had lice too. Then one of my students got sick and threw up and several of my students started complaining they thought they were gonna throw up too! Apparently 2nd graders are like sheep..if one has it they all have have to follow along and have it too!
Anyways I went home and made my mom check my head for lice with a flashlight(she didn't find any) and then made her dye my hair because the chemicals kill lice!
I finally feel clean and am no longer paranoid...at least for now! The biggest thing with lice is they aren't easy to get rid of...it is a very long and tedious process. I am hoping none of my other students show up with lice and that the problem was stopped that easily and that I made it through my first lice scare unscathed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

eww gross, now i'm itchy!