Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Philly...I know about time right!

Day 4
We woke up in New Jersey that morning and headed off for Philly for the day! We drove through Connecticut and then finally ended up in Philly. Philly was icy cold but pretty cool to see. We went to the museum where Rocky did his triumphant run up the stairs with that famous music playing. Then we walked down the street and saw several fountains. We stopped for hot chocolate at TGIF's. Worst service ever and there was only 1 other table of people in the whole restaurant ...I can't believe how non existent customer service is in the East. Our server ignored us most of the time and when we asked for the check he actually said that he would bring it when he got around to it...and he definitely didn't do it before then either it took like 15 minutes. Then we went to Pen's Landing and saw the bridge and then headed back to New Jersey because we had to get back to Boston that night. On our way we stopped for dinner in an Indian town. Everything in this town was Indian. The clothing stores sold Indian style clothing, the grocery stores sold Indian food, the restaurants were authentic Indian food, and everybody in the town (besides me) was Indian. I have never felt that out of place in my life it was crazy. Anyways they treated me to authentic Indian food that night. I have to say it wasn't my favorite but it was better then I expected. Most of it is very spicy which isn't my favorite thing anyways. Then we were off to Boston. It took us several hours and we didn't get back to Boston til about 12 or 1 in the morning. We crashed for about 2 hours because we had to leave at 4:30 that morning for the airport because my flight left at 6.

Day 5
I was running on seriously 1 maybe 2 hours of sleep. I caught a flight from Boston to New York and then flew from New York home. The flight from Boston was really cool. There were only about 15 people on the whole plane so I had an entire row to myself. I scooted over to the window and watched as we flew over New York and got to watch the sunrise for the most part from the plane. When we landed in New York we didn't pull up to the terminal. They lowered the stairs and we climbed down and then caught a shuttle to the terminal which was kind of fun seeing as that never happens. The flight home from New York I tried to get some sleep but between the crying baby in front of me and the old guy who kept pulling my hair and kicking me behind me I slept very very little. When I got home I was so excited to be home and to see my mountains. My sister in law and nieces picked me up which made it even funner.

Here are some pics from Philly


Riding the bull in front of the art museum


Bhavna and me


Posing like Rocky!


The city of brotherly love!


And sisterly love maybe?


We make great Vanna's don't we?


Saharsh, Bhavna, Me, Pradeep


It was super windy!


The city


Penn's Landing with the bridge behind me

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Hey I couldn't pull up facebook so here is the link to the website for those wood letters.
http://www.thewoodconnection.com/
Just copy and paste it into your browser. You would love it.This whoud be a great place to get some things for your new home. Mostly everything is unfinished but I would LOVE to help you finish some things for your home if you want. I love doing the crafty thing and don't have the money to spend on supplies right now. I'll even go with you to the wood connection if you want me to. They have soooo much more that isnt even on their website. It is a fun place.